Friday, March 30, 2012

ANTI-Defy the System LP(1983)


















1.I try
2.lies
3.your governments calling you
4.working in a factory
5.maps of the stars homes
6.your problems
7.five downtown
8.nothing new
9.club me like a baby seal
10.backfire bomber
11.be free
12.overthrow the government
13.parents of punks
14.repressed Aggression

I haven't listened to this LP in a really long time.  I originally bought it at the Record Vault on Polk street in San Fransisco in around 1985 or 1986.  I had no idea what they sounded like, but was told I should buy it by Andy Airborne who sang for Attitude Adjustment at the time.  He worked at the shop on weekends, and told me Anti were a heavy influence on Attitude Adjustment.  I was sold on that and the art work.  Upon getting back to my apartment to listen to the LP I was somewhat disappointed by what I heard.  The band played a more mid paced punk style rather then the thrashy HC that I was sorta expecting.  I'd say if you crossed the Circle Jerks with Adolescents you'd understand the sound I'm talking about.  The sound has def grown on me.  Its melodic as hell punk, with snotty vocals, and kick ass catchy guitar solos that make me happy when hearing this.  Still not sure if Andy was fucking with me or not...but I sorta think the bands politics and punk attitude might have had a influence on AA.  I did take a lot of his recommendations, and most panned out and kept me a happy little thrasher.  The band was from L.A., and with this release have nailed the L.A. punk sound.


http://www.mediafire.com/?6z35b233532drn2

5 comments:

  1. thanks. I've never seen a copy of this before. Didn't Attitude Adjustment also use this front cover graphic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e4el0t6lx0qrth0

    Upload this on your blog. tnx in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, riskyNrisquĂ©, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another punk band that didn't make it...

    ReplyDelete