Tuesday, March 13, 2012

OUTPATIENTS-Hardcore Outcasts Revisited('82-"84) CD

    1. Light Blue
    2. Land of the Lost
    3. Fight
    4. J.O.C.
    5. Go Play
    6. G.P.D.
    7. Balloon Head
    8. TV Violence
    9. Push-Button Warfare
    10. Jenny Gurd
    11. Cover Girl
    12. Zombie Tyme
    13. Barriers to Bridges
    14. Backwards Explosion

    I was turned onto these guys by a kid i'd met at Worlds Records in Albany NY maybe around 1989.  I'd just moved back to the area from SF, and really hadn't met to many Albany punk/hc people yet.  The guy I met wasn't from Albany, he was from Pittsfield Massachusetts(45 mins away).  Back then when one saw another person in say a 7 Seconds shirt on or something, you'd approach them and make some conversation(seems like that sorta thing doesn't really happen anymore).  At any rate  this dude and myself exchanged info, and I ended up going to a couple of shows in Western MA with him.  One was in a basement, with a band called Wishful Thinking, and G-Man.  This guy introduced me to some of his friends, and a few months later sent me a copy of the outpatients demo, and a Wishful Thinking 7".

    I'm pretty sure I still have the demo, but haven't unearthed it yet(or seen it in over a decade).  This CD compiles the bands early stuff, including the demo.  I love this stuff..raw silly sounding thrashed out punk hardcore.

    http://www.mediafire.com/?qfnmpyeaxlp28v8

    9 comments:

    1. Nice post. I played a the Bush Anti-Inaugural Ball with these guys at Secret Studios in SF back in 88. I was the drummer for the Ophelias, the Catheads and the Hollowmen...all at the same time. My side project band was Shot Fulla Holes and I played the show with them. We were all in Herb Caen's column.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yes. I'm always raving about the Outpatients. One of the guys was in Deep Wound, too. I am playing the song "Fight" in episode #36 of my podcast. You can get all the episodes at http://punkrockrecordparty.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. First heard outpatients on a suburban hardcore cd I picked up in '98. I never came across their material so Im stoked to find this posted here, thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    4. great stuff. thank you

      ReplyDelete
    5. I was in Adrenalin O.D. and was lucky enough to play with the Outpatients quite a few times in the early 80's. Great guys, and way ahead of their time.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thankfulness to my dad who informed me relating to this blog, this website is really amazing.checklink

      ReplyDelete
    7. Well, I have got the best information from here the site is fully stuffed with the knowledgeable information. Halfway house delray beach

      ReplyDelete
    8. This blog is very informative the stuff you provide I really enjoyed readi
      are nootropics effectiveg.

      ReplyDelete